Tired of tossing and turning every night?
Living under the current lockdown, it can be difficult for both kids and parents to keep their minds and bodies active enough during the day so that they can then easily fall asleep when night time comes.
Sleeping well directly affects your mental and physical health. A lack of sleep can take a serious toll on your daytime energy, productivity and emotional balance. It can impact kids performance at school, whilst for parents it can affect their duties at home and at work.
With this in mind, we’ve come up with a set of sleep tips that can benefit both kids & parents to get a better night’s sleep.
Sleep Tips For Kids
- Encourage your child to stop eating sugary foods and using screens at least an hour before bedtime.
- A warm bath will help your child relax and get ready for sleep.
- Keeping lights dim encourages your child’s body to produce the sleep hormone melatonin.
- Once they’re in bed, encourage your child to listen to some relaxing music or read a story.
Sleep Tips For Parents
- A messy room can cause anxiety. A clean, tidy room can help aid a good night’s sleep.
- Ensure the walls in your bedroom are decorated in soothing, neutral tones.
- Wash your bed sheets on a weekly basis.
- Switch that after dinner coffee for something more relaxing like herbal teas.
Follow these tips and enjoy that feeling of waking up refreshed after a great night’s sleep.
Just don’t blame us if your kids have a little too much energy the following day!