Kids are often fascinated by things they don’t know much about, and animals are no exception. The variety of shapes, sizes, colours, and behaviours that animals exhibit can be intriguing and exciting to explore.
Animals can be a great source of learning for kids. By studying animals, kids can learn about biology, ecology, behaviour, and more. We’ve gathered our top 13 fun animal facts for kids, take a look below.
- A group of flamingos is called a flamboyance.
- A group of porcupines is called a prickle.
- Kangaroos can jump up to three times their own body length in one hop.
- A group of penguins is called a “waddle.”
- A baby koala is called a “joey.”
- Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump.
- A baby oyster is called a spat.
- A group of owls is called a parliament.
- Cows can sleep while standing up.
- The fastest land animal is the cheetah, which can run up to 75 miles per hour.
- Elephants are the largest land animals on Earth, and they can communicate with each other using low-frequency sounds that are below the range of human hearing.
- Giraffes have the same number of neck bones as humans, but their bones are much longer.
- Koalas sleep up to 20 hours a day.
Our kids animal bedding and accessories
Bring the animal wildlife to your kids bedroom with our animal bedding sets and animal themed accessories. Ranging from zoo animals, woodland creatures and farm animals, there’s something animal themed for every kid. Click here to look at our vast range of kids animal themed bedding and accessories.